Shop The Trend Boutique

Monday 5 August 2013

Industry Advice


Since starting this blog I've received quite a few messages asking for my advice on how to get started in the industry. The best and most simple advice I can give you is, get an internship and work your ass off!

Not only will an internship give you a preview of what to expect when you graduate (and trust me, it is nowhere near the glamour they make it out to be) it will also test you and give you the opportunity to decide if this is really where you want to take your career.

I've been in the industry for about 8 years now, but before I discovered I wanted to study Journalism I was a Fashion Design Undergrad for 2 years. Deciding to drop out of my degree was a very hard decision, but possibly the best decision I ever made. I've made it a rule of mine to always trust my instinct, never be too shy to ask for help and remember, you can only do your best.

Good Luck to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment